Serious about serving?
The Tim Training Course is serious about training preachers and Bible teachers for the local church!
The course runs on Mondays, during school terms, over two years. We take a deep dive into a variety of different books of the Bible, cover a range of ministry topics, and give practical training (and feedback!) on how to teach the Bible to others. We will also survey the big story of the Bible, discuss the main ideas of Christian theology, and consider what sort of person a Bible teacher must be.
Why do we do it?
When the Bible is taught God’s voice is heard.
We want to see many Christian people prepared to ‘correctly handle the word of truth’ in today’s church. This will include preachers, Bible study leaders, Sunday School teachers, youth group volunteers, and more.
Our desire is to equip many men and women to understand the Bible accurately, teach the Bible effectively and apply the Bible appropriately.
Who is it for?
How does it work?
The Tim Training Course runs for two years (you can join the course at the beginning of any year). Every year we will cover:
- – How to read and understand different Bible genres (Old Testament stories, poetry, and prophets; New Testament gospels, Acts and letters).
- – How to teach the Bible to others.
- – Either a Bible overview, or theology/basic beliefs.
- – Practical ministry subjects such as teaching children, working in teams, leading a small group, or caring for others in ministry.
- – Learners will prepare and deliver short Bible talks from a number of different Bible passages.
- The Behan Library is also available on site. This library has over 1,000 sound theological books including commentaries, doctrinal studies and books on preaching and teaching. The Behan Library is free to Tim students. For more information, see the online catalogue by clicking here.
What does it cost?
In 2024, the annual fees are $1,995.
We do not want cost to prevent anyone from doing the Tim Training Course. Please speak with your church leadership, and contact us, if you would like helpful hints on how to find financial support.
Who are we?
Rob Morton - Course Director
Rob is our Course Director, and he leads about half of our sessions together. Rob has been a pastor and church planter. He is passionate about training others for ministry in the local church. Before joining the Tim Training Course, Rob was working as a training enabler for a national network of churches.
James de Costabadie
Costa came from the UK to NZ in 2005 to serve in gospel ministry. He is now the minister at Latimer Church in Christchurch. Costa is the chair of the board for the Gospel Training Trust. He teaches several New Testament book studies and provides student feedback for the Tim Training Course.
Jay is the first Bishop of the Diocese of the Church of Confessing Anglicans Aotearoa/New Zealand. He was previously the minister at St Stephen’s Anglican Church. Jay serves on the board of the Gospel Training Trust and teaches Exodus and the Bible Overview for the Tim Training Course.
From time to time we also welcome other speakers from churches around New Zealand, as well as overseas.
Want to join us?
Donations to the Tim Training Course, along with student fees, help us in our mission to train Bible teachers for the local church. If you’d like to support us in this vital gospel work, we welcome your prayers and financial support!
To find out how to donate to the Tim Training Course please email our administrator, Fiona Lee, by clicking here.